Nominations invited for GA/TA Awards
Two GA/TA Awards for Educational Practice and one GA/TA Award for Educational Leadership
Deadline: May 22, 2018
The Centre for Teaching and Learning is calling for nominations for the GA/TA Awards for Education Practice (up to 2 will be awarded) and the GA/TA Award for Educational Leadership (1) recognizing contributions by graduate and teaching assistants to the University's learning environment. The GA/TA Awards for Education Practice and the GA/TA Award for Educational Leadership aim to:
- recognize and honour exemplary GAs and TAs who contribute to a positive, learning-centred environment at the University;
- inspire GAs and TAs to recognize their potential for excellence in educational practice and leadership, and motivate them to transform that potential into reality; and
- publicize examples of excellence in GA/TA educational practice and leadership that can inform the practices of all teachers, while contributing to student and faculty pride in teaching and learning at the University of Windsor.
- The GA/TA must be currently employed at the U of Windsor, or have been employed within 12 months of the call for nominations.
- The GA/TA may still be nominated if he or she has previously won another teaching award (for example, at the department level).
- A GA/TA who meets the eligibility criteria may be nominated by a past or present student of the GA/TA, or by a colleague, faculty member, or staff member. GA/TAs may not nominate themselves.
- Any nominee who wishes to meet with the CTL for consultation and advice regarding dossier preparation is encouraged to contact Dr. Pierre Boulos at the email address or phone number below.
- Late nominations will not be accepted.
The deadline for nominations is May 22, 2018 at 5:00 PM. Questions and comments may be directed to Dr. Pierre Boulos, firstname.lastname@example.org.